PRIVACY & SECURITY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us, except as otherwise described below. We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party.
We may collect the following personal information from you only if you voluntarily provide it to us:
Phone number (mobile or landline)
Old Kombucha password
Credit or debit card number
Credit or debit card expiration date
Your order or purchase history
If you set up an account on our website, we will ask you to provide a username and password to allow you to reuse some information for future orders, make changes to your information, and to access your order history.
We collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the website, along with the time of the visit, and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice that is done automatically by many websites. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating traffic data, helping diagnose server problems, and administering our website. To protect your privacy, we anonymize a portion of each IP address stored in our server log files and limit the amount of time that each IP address is retained.
Pixel tags, also known as web beacons or clear GIFs, may be used in connection with some portions of our website to track the actions of visitors or email recipients for measuring the success of our marketing campaigns and compiling statistics about the usage of our website. We may assign unique identifiers to pixel tags to associate your interaction with our online and email marketing.
We use third-party analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us better understand how visitors use our website on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. The information collected by these analytical tools may provide us with information such as a search engine that referred you to our website, how you navigated around our website, and what you purchased. This information helps us better serve you with more personalized information and product offerings.
We do not track your online activity across other websites or knowingly permit third parties to conduct online tracking while you visit our website, except as described above. As a result, our website does not respond to a browser’s “do not track” signal.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information may be used for the following purposes:
- Provide content to website visitors on the Site, including content tailored to you;
- Provide access to our products or information about our products, such as price or nutritional information;
- Process or complete transactions, such as credit card payments, that you request, including providing your information to other third parties (such as Shopify, PayPal, Amazon, or subscription processors) to help process or complete the transactions;
- Communicate with you regarding your product orders, such as providing a purchase confirmation;
- Contact you regarding customer service and administrative issues, such as questions about a specific request, or otherwise respond to your comments or requests;
- Track Internet traffic and visitor use of the Site and particular webpages, including by the use of third parties such as Google Analytics;
- Track aggregate or individual usage trends of features or services on the Site;
- Provide content via a content distribution network;
- Help administer and protect the security of the Site and provide communication and other services;
- Track your use of the Site, including which webpages you visit, which links you click, your mouse or cursor placement, and the time intervals between each of these actions;
- Sharing your information to vendors and contractors who provide services to us;
- Archive or back up the Site or the information for archival, backup, or disaster preparedness purposes;
- Develop and/or enhance products or services by us or third parties;
- Compile anonymous statistical information and analysis, which may be provided to our vendors or contractors;
- Send you emails or direct mail with information or marketing offers from us, or use third parties (such as Klaviyo) to send those emails or direct mail on our behalf;
- Share your information with third parties to provide you with offers or promotions you may be interested in;
- Maintain suppression or opt-out lists that we may share with third parties so that you are not contacted if you ask not to be;
- Make telephone calls or send SMS messages to you with information or offers, provided that you consent to be communicated to in this manner as described further below;
- Provide some or all of your information to third parties for our own marketing purposes; or
- Permit you to access certain web-based programs or applications on the Site
INFORMATION WE MAY SHARE
We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or legal process, to law enforcement or other government officials, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Old Kombucha, our customers or others.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONALLY INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of the personally identifiable information you provide on this website. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, such as if you believe the security of your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not want us to provide you with information and offers related to our products, please email us at email@example.com and request to opt-out.
After setting up an account, you can access, review, correct, and/or delete information you have provided to us by logging into your account. You may also ask us to assist you with reviewing, correcting or deleting such information by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +39 366 53 89 755.
In general, it takes up to 10 days for an Opt-Out request to take effect. If you receive offers or other communications from third parties and would like to opt-out from future communications from them, you must contact them directly.
We may request authentication or verification of your request to opt-out, for example by requesting that you reenter your email address or provide other information, by requiring your authorized agents to provide additional information and authorizing documents to confirm their authorization by you, or by sending a confirmation communication to you which you must confirm prior to the Opt-Out request taking effect.
You may disable cookies, web beacons and other technological means placed by us by adjusting your browser or email client settings. You may also opt-out from the collection of online viewing data for analytics purposes performed by Google Analytics by going to Ad Settings under your Google account. As noted above, we may identify you by your email address, third party cookies, or other means, and may use these methods to tailor your experience on our Site if you visit our Site or one of our Affiliate’s sites in the future.
We do not use automated telephone or text message marketing. However, we may communicate with you about your order or inquiry via individual telephone call or text message. If you wish for us to no longer communicate with you via text message, please inform your sales representative or email us at email@example.com .
We will retain your personally identifiable information until you delete such information by logging into your account as described above, until we receive your request to delete your personally identifiable information as described above, or pursuant to our personal information retention and destruction policy. You may also request a copy of your personally identifiable information or request that we correct or restrict the use of your personally identifiable information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf by sending a letter to the postal address below with a signed letter that includes your name, email address, and date of birth for verification, along with either your signed designation of the authorized agent or a court order or similar legal document designating the authorized agent as acting for you (for example, a power of attorney or letters testamentary).
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Minors and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Only adults age 18 or over are permitted to use the Site. By using the Site, you agree to provide us with accurate information concerning your age or identity if we request it. You also agree not to assist minors under the age of 18 in accessing the Site or to attempt to contact children under 18 through the Site.
We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have received personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. If you believe that we may have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us
Last updated: September 1, 2020